Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dana

Default car burned cd's

I might be a little late on this thread, but make sure you burn your music
cds real slow, at 8-x if possible. I found that out the hard way. They
will play really well in other players then. Try it and let me know what
happens.

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005, Jumpster Jiver wrote:

Ken Weitzel wrote:

Hi...

Wonder if any of you might have any opinions on which brand of
blank cd media (preferably available in Canada) might be most
likely to play well in car cd players?

So far discovered that the no name incredibly cheap ones are
virtually useless, whereas Memorex is much better... they play,
but take a long time "starting"

Are any known to be more reflective?

Thanks, and take care.

Ken

Not sure about specific manufacturer but I only use discs that are silver,
never other colors. Also it helps to burn the discs at a slower speed. I
beleive it "burns deeper" making the disc easier to read in any unit that
might have a problem.