Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve Peterson

Default those big plastic tool cases.....

At least where I used to live in Annandale, VA, it would be easy to solve
this problem. Put it out on the curb on a day when there is not trash
collection. Any object that looks potentially useful, resellable, or
scavangable will disappear within a few hours. Doesn't work here, on the
end of a cul de sac where no traffic goes by.

Steve

"B a r r y" wrote in message
Toller wrote:

I put them on ebay. I don't have any idea why anyone would pay $10 for
them, but they do.

Some folks take the tools out of the shop, think "van shelves". If you
bought the tool at a pawn shop or eBay, the case frequently isn't
included. I've gotten brand new cordless tools, minus batteries, CHEAP at
pawn shops. Since I've got plenty of batteries, I'm happy.

I keep my cases, but frequently used tools don't live in them. Some
tools, like my right angle drill, electric hand plane, Kreg jig, etc...
see most use on finish carpentry projects outside the shop. The cases for
frequently used shop tools (routers, cordless drills, biscuit joiners,
sanders) are handy to have for away games.

Anyone have a case for a Bosch 3 1/4" electric plane they don't want?