Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale

Default those big plastic tool cases.....

"bob" wrote in message
I have, over the years, accumulated quite a collection of power hand

tools,
each arriving in its own molded, form fitting case. Problem is, where to
store all of this.

I've always been a little bit peeved at the cases that come with my power
tools. I fully realize they can protect a tool until it gets to its new
owner, but as far as I'm concerned, they're a waste of money. Considering
the elaborate construction of some of these cases (like the full metal case
that came with my Milwaukee hammer drill), I'd just as soon have had a
decently constructed cardboard case and put the saved money towards lowering
the purchase cost of the tool itself.

There might be a few contractors who approve of these cases for purposes of
transporting to job sites and such, but I think most tools are purchased by
home owners and the cases just become another piece of plastic or metal that
serves no further purpose after its glitter attracts the eye of the
purchaser.

I'd have to assume the mindset of the manufacturer's goes along the lines of
"If we make a really good sturdy case, the customer will assume that it also
contains a really good sturdy tool."

Any I a cynical person? Naaaah!