Posted to rec.woodworking
George

Default those big plastic tool cases.....

"bob" wrote in message
.. .
I have, over the years, accumulated quite a collection of power hand tools,
each arriving in its own molded, form fitting case. Problem is, where to
store all of this. I am building a shop, and elected to store these tools
in drawers or on shelves that are sized to fit the tool, and not the case,

The case tends to be a lot more regular in shape than what it contains, and
holds the cord, proprietary wrenches, spare easily-lost parts and such
without the need for extra packaging and labels. Makes it easier to store,
even if it is more bulky.

I line the boxes up on shelves. The high-density stuff anchors my lathe to
the floor, the lower-density is stored in the largely empty places
underneath other tools. When I have to help the kids with something at
their house, it's soooo much easier to grab, open, inventory, and maybe add
to the package before closing for transport than it is to toss tools into
some larger common container.

Did I mention that the cases have better handles, by and large, than the
tools they contain, and help keep them in alignment by protecting their
parts?