Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jim rozen

Default Wet books?

In article , Larry Jaques says...

Has anyone ever considered irradiating books to scramble the mold's
genetic information? This is how they treat foods, basically just
run them under a high flux cobalt source.

I could imagine that curing the problem once and for all.

Neighbor, could I borrow your Mr. Gamma Food Irradiator for a few
minutes, please?

Well, if you think about it, this is what the problem really
'boils' down to.

To make food safe for consumption, one needs to scramble the DNA
of whatever organisms happen to be inside the food. Bacteria,
parasites, etc.

Cooking does that, mostly.

That doesn't work for mold spores because they're heat resistant. But
they're not resistant to high energy photons though.

Jim

please reply to: