Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
John Husvar

Default OT--Taking on city hall

In article ,
Nick Hull wrote:

In article ,
"PrecisionMachinisT" wrote:

"alphonso" wrote in message
When my shop was inside the city limits, I got a letter from the city

about
an "abandoned, junk vehicle" in the parking lot by the shop. Police came
out after I asked city hall what they were complaining about. Pointed to
my ugly shop truck. When I directed the cop's attention to the current
license and inspection, he offered an apology. I moved my shop out of the
city a few months later.

My brother was driving his normal work truck when suddenly he was
acosted and awarded 1st place in The Ugliest Truck in America; the
others withdrew at first sight, they knew they didn't have a chance.

Hmmmm.

Where did this contest take place? I'd like to enter my 1990 E350 Ford
Van. The old gal's a little hard to wake up on -10F mornings. That
445c.i. diesel cranks over a few times before one or two cylinders kick
off, but once it's shaken all the loose rust off, it settles down and
hums like a good lover.

So far the old girl hasn't left me along the road wondering what
happened. So she's maybe a little work-worn, but she's reliable. As long
as I keep the oil and filters changed, she gets up and takes me to work
or wherever with no complaints.

Maybe it's all that expensive diesel fuel I feed her?

I think she'd be proud to win or at least get an Honorable Mention.