Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components,sci.engr.lighting,uk.d-i-y
JS

Default Seek resistance table for main flex

Google has not been my friend lately. Seems simple but I can't
locate some electrical data.

Where on Google can I find a simple table showing the typical
resistence per metre of mains flex with copper conductors and
different cross-sectional areas (0.5 mm^2, 0.75 mm^2, etc)?
Measured at room temperature. Would *tinned* copper conductors
make a a noticeable difference to the resistivity?

I am in ther UK. If I measure the resistence of 10 metres of
mains flex with my DC ohm-meter then will my resistence reading be
noticeably different to the resistence when I actually make use of
the 10 metre flex to light a 500W floodlight powered from the AC
mains at 230 volts/50 Hz?

Thank you.

--

Hope the cross-posting is seen as being made to relevant groups.
Don't flame me! :-)