Posted to alt.home.repair
wannabe

Default How to jack up a deck that's already 6 feet high??

mm wrote:
Same friend who is getting a new roof, I looked at her home.

s about 3 feet wide, 6 feet
off the ground, and 15 feet long, with 6x6's holding it up maybe every
5 or 6 feet except one part 10 or 12 feet long with no post.

Im pretty tired at the moment, but I've built a few decks.
Just wanted to throw my 2 cents on this.

I read some of the replies. about keeping the structure beefy.

Far as the design etc...I just drive down the road, when I see a deck I
like
I stop and notice how they set the band, the posts etc.

That was more like 3 cents worth.