Posted to rec.woodworking
CW

Default Industrial Furniture Guides/Levelers Needed

Look at machine tool dealers. Leveling feet. Available to hold tons.

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message
I am having trouble locating some large, industial furniture glides.

There
are a million sources on the web, but most are for average, light duty
furniture. And the big industrial houses I have found have some expensive
minimum order requirements.

Here is what is being built. A large circular, metal workstation (s) for
many flat panel displays. At least fifty of them. The whole structure is
being built out of 2 X 2 metal tubing. I am making the (wood) circular
keyboard shelf for this monster.

The glides have to be bigger than the tubing. I would prefer they be at
least three inches in diamater. The have to be levelers as well, so they
need to be threaded into something. The hard part is that they have to be
mounted onto HORIZONTAL tubing. Most glides and levelers are mounted into
holders that insert into the end of the tubing.

This whole project looks very industrial. So the finish probably doesn't
matter that much.

So I am asking help with two things.

1) Anybody know of any sources of large, industrial leveler/glides that

can
be easily purchased in reasonable quantities?

2) Any suggestions for mounting these things on the SIDE of 2 X 2 tubing?

We
will weld a nut into a hole if we have to. But would rather go to

something
quicker and more elegant than this approach.