Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce L. Bergman

Default OT--Taking on city hall

On Tue, 6 Dec 2005 10:18:53 -0800, "PrecisionMachinisT"
wrote:
"alphonso" wrote in message
When my shop was inside the city limits, I got a letter from the city

about
an "abandoned, junk vehicle" in the parking lot by the shop. Police came
out after I asked city hall what they were complaining about. Pointed to
my ugly shop truck. When I directed the cop's attention to the current
license and inspection, he offered an apology. I moved my shop out of the
city a few months later.

Just an update...

The letter has NOT been sent--but I did have a nice chat with Mr. Trejo this
morning, he actually seems to be a fairly nice man...

Tentatively scheduled him to visit with me here on this friday in order to
verify compliance and will add more info as the situation continues to
develop.

FWIW, the complaining party is a Ms. Donna Hendryx, a local real estate
agent--what she was doing upon my property in the first place is still a
complete mystery to me, I am rather secluded and access is via a long
private drive in the county....the officer informed me she had filed a total
of 3 complaints on that same day.

She either owns, is the listing agent for, or plans to list a
property in your immediate area. So of course she's going to get all
the sloppy yards cleaned up (at no cost to her or her clients, of
course, and the city will do all the legwork and take the blame)
before she tries parading potential buyers to that house for the hard
sell.

Do some sleuthing, and you might be able to bust her at her own
game. As in, "Gee... Did you pull building permits on all the work
you just did on that house?"

-- Bruce --

Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
5737 Kanan Rd. #359, Agoura CA 91301 (818) 889-9545