Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Parry

Default Data on Integrated Circuit

On Tue, 06 Dec 2005 22:30:15 +0000, Matt
wrote:

On Tue, 06 Dec 2005 08:09:50 +0000, Peter Parry
wrote:

Sorry about the blank reply, must get a less keyboard enabled cat.

Small low voltage permanent magnet. 6VDC operating.

How many pins on the IC?

8 Pin DIL.

Are you sure that you have interpreted the markings correctly?

Yes (they are actually very clear for once!) - there are a few listed
for sale on brokers web sites but no data sheets.

The full markings are :-
MX J2D4JA
TTD6108-2

Any idea on what the actual internal functionality is, could it be a
serial interface D to A?

As far as I have worked out so far (and this may not be correct as
the tracks on the PCB's I have are difficult to trace) is that PA0
and PA1 on the microcontroller (A Holtek HT48R05A one time
programmable) go to pins 1 and 8 on the TTD6108. Of the other
TTD6108 pins 3 and 6 go to the motor. Pins 4 and 5 are -ve and pins
2 and 7 are +ve. I'd guess 4&5 and 2&7 are also used for simple
heatsinking looking at the PCB layout.

As yet I haven't been able to power the boards I've got to do any
measurements on them but I have a project for REMAP (see url in sig)
which they could be useful for if I can find something out about
them!

--
Peter Parry
www.remapsherts.org.uk