Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair,alt.energy.homepower,sci.engr.heat-vent-ac
Tony Wesley

Default Break-even point for home electric generator powered by natural gas? What about NG-powered AC compressor?

Chris Lewis wrote:
According to Tony Wesley :

Chris Lewis wrote:
If you had kicked the Brits, Indians, and Canadians, we would be a state.

You lost that war, remember? Oh, I forgot, the Americans claim that they
won that one.

Let's see, we got England to stop boarding ships and impressing the
crew into their navy, plus England finally recognized the USA.

That happened two days _before_ the Americans declared war.

Read the history: http://gatewayno.com/history/War1812.html

Not a word in there about England recognizing the USA. England did not
treat US as a sovereign nation until after the War of 1812. It
recognized the individual states as sovereign *states*.

The page you reference does not say England stopped boarding ships, nor
did it issue orders to stop doing so, it says they (Britain) had
announced that it *would* revoke its orders. No telling when they'd
get around to doing that. Probably sometime after they would get
around abiding by the terms of the Treaty of Paris and withdraw their
troops from the agreed upon land.

Plus,
England gave up some land that had formerly been considered part of
Canada. It wasn't Drummond's Island anymore.

Militarily, we had the edge at the end (we held parts of the US).
Politically, it was a draw (the Brits gave those parts back [+]).

If you read the treaties that ended the two wars with England, you'll
know that 1812 wasn't a draw.

Back to http://gatewayno.com/history/War1812.html:

- U.S. forces were not ready for war, and American hopes of conquering Canada collapsed
in the campaigns of 1812 and 1813.

H'm. "Hopes to conquer Canada collapsed". So, what you started the war over
was obsolete by the time war was declared, you didn't conquer Canada, and
the land possession hardly changed if at all.

A draw.

So you agree the US didn't lose it.

American invaders? The "invasion" was the other way, the Brits taking
Mackinac Island first.

We were supposed to sit around twiddling our thumbs after you declared war on us?

Apply the same standards the other way. By this point, the English
Navy has been commiting acts of war for years. Was the United States
supposed to "sit around twiddling our thumbs"?