Posted to alt.home.repair
yaofeng

Default Snow thrower

Greg O wrote:
"yaofeng" wrote in message
ups.com...

Don't think I ever changed the oil, nor emptied the gas tank ever.
What kind of problems will I have tomorrow morning starting the snow
thrower? I have a hair dryer ready to warm the engine block in case of
hard starting.

Anyone wants to place bet?

You have not started it for years and now you are going to wait for it to
snow before you try to run it??
Sounds like a plan destined for failure!
Greg

Just for heck of it I thought since I have the snow thrower out why not
give it a try tonight. Even though there was just a dusting of snow in
the morning.

I took out my heat gun for paint removal. Removed the spark plug, turn
the heat gun on high and started blowing hot air on the engine block.
After feeling the block getting warm on the far side of the heat gun, I
reinstalled the spark plug. With just one pull at full choke after
pumping the primer like eight times, the engine started.

What sweet music!

Say all you want about the stale gas, the barely at the mark never
changed never filled oil, or that the engine going to quit any time and
fall apart, this old yeller is ready for action for the season.

It's a tecumseh by the way.

I'll go put on the new skid plates right now.