Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM

Default Big problem with electrical

Open the panel, check to see if you have 240 volts across the two wires
before they go into the main breaker. If you don't, the problem is outside
and may be handled by your utility company. If you do have 240 volts before
the main breaker, but not across the terminals of your electric range
breaker, your main breaker or the connections to it are bad. I don't know
your level of experience, so it's hard to say what you may be able to do
properly and safely

wrote in message
oups.com...
could I change the circuit breaker by myself to see if that works.I
mean shut off power for outside change the breaker without to much
risk?