Posted to misc.consumers,alt.internet.appliances,misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
KLS

Default Why does Maytag quality become so pitiful?

On Tue, 06 Dec 2005 23:42:51 GMT, "PipeDown"
wrote:

No comment on Maytag but #2. A really good deal is to maintain your home
warranty after you buy the house. They often cost less than an extended
warranty for any one appliance and it protects your entire home and all
appliances in it even the old ones. Making a claim is also easier as all
you do is make a call and pay a small deductable. These warranties can be
extended yearly and indefinately.

I totally disagree with this advice. My experience with a home
warranty was that I never used it because the deductible was $90
alone, I couldn't pick my contractor, and the warranty had so many
exclusions as to be unusable. Save the money you'd normally put
toward a home warranty ($400 a year?), and you'll have the funds to
cover repairs.

I think home warranties are a *HUGE* ripoff.