Posted to alt.home.repair
Percival P. Cassidy

Default Kitchen sink types

On 12/03/05 03:07 am tossed the following
ingredients into the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

I noticed I don't really have a use for the partition in the middle of the
sink splitting it into two small sections. I was going to get a new sink
with one large section and one small section, then thought it might be good
to just have one giant sink without a partition at all.
Is this problem at resale time?
Is there another common purpose for having a split sink other than to have
soapy water and rinse water separation for hand washing?

One large rectangular sink is the way to go. It's a benefit for
resale, not a liability, as such sinks are higher end. I really think
that eventually double basin sinks in kitchens will go the way of the
dinosaur. They're a holdover from a time without dishwashers where
people would have one basin full of soapy water with every bowl, fork
and spoon; and another basin to rinse in.

But really, if you want to wash certain items by hand, just put a dab
of dish soap right on them from a pump dispenser to wash them, and then
rinse them off. Another benefit of one spacious sink basin is that you
can fit oversized items in (think cookie sheet).

If you ever needed a separate basin, you could just keep a little
plastic basin under the sink to use occasionally. I doubt it'd get
used, though.

Today we noticed at least one sink with a single large bowl that comes
with a separate small bowl that is an exact fit.

Perce