Posted to alt.home.repair
Steven L Umbach

Default Painting 17 foot foyer with extension ladder??

Thanks again. I thought the walls should hold. The light ceiling box is four
foot from the nearest wall so from what I can tell and extension ladder is
out. A step ladder would need to be 14 foot for me to do it comfortably. HD
said $22 a day for the ten foot high scaffolding so I think I am going to
try that as it should also be easier to use to paint the ceiling,
particularly at the edges than the 14 foot step ladder and also allow me to
change the light fixture. --- Steve

"wannabe" wrote in message
oups.com...

Steven L Umbach wrote:
I am 16 inches. The
ladder has the usual rubber boots on the end. Thanks. --- Steve

The walls will hold you.

What about your ceiling light, you would need to be able to reach 17'
right.

If you can reach light from extension ladder, then that would be better
than
step ladder.

You can always turn around on the ladder, sorta sit down, and paint the
opposite wall.
AND fix the light.