Posted to alt.home.repair
yourname

Default Ariens Snowblowers: Think Carefully Prior To Buying One

I've got a 90 foot long sloping driveway here in Red Sox Nation and the
Airens has never let me down through all the years.

I playfully call it "The Widow Maker" 'cause it comes from an time
before those effen' white shoed lawyers forced the manufacturers of home
power equipment to gussy them up with all sorts of safety gadgets to
prevent stupid damn fools from getting themselves into trouble and then
blaming the makers. My Airens was built to be operated by someone who
thinks about what he's doing before he does it.

Heh, blizzard of 78 made a ton o cash withmy dad's early 60's craftsman,
18 inch ~3 horse 'widow maker'

It had a full speed spinning pair or bars right out front with at least
1 inch long 1/4 inch bolts sticking straight out every 2 inches or so.
Single speed, no dead man. You could chip brush with the SOB. It left 18
inch diamter bulls eyes in the snowbank.

Reason I made so much money is all the Ariens or Toros snapped their
shear pins in a second. The craftsman would just tunnel through .

Dragged that poor beast to the dump just a few years ago, probably ran
fine....