Posted to rec.woodworking
Lew Hodgett

Default those big plastic tool cases.....

bob wrote:

Question: How do you store these tools and their cases? Am I messing up by
tossing the cases?

IMHO, a big YES

By all means, keep the cases.

If you are not too far down the road, let me suggest something.

Design a storage system where you use these coated wire baskets they use
in closet organizers or something similar.

Make the baskets all the same size regardless of what is in them.

Since the baskets are are open, any saw dust will fall out.

If you damage one, easy replacement.

By keeping the molded cases, you maintain a package that keeps all of
the parts and pieces of a particular tool together.

Ever look at a Fein Multimaster?

Typical German, well thought out, but lots of bits and pieces.

Just one example, there are others.

Lew