michael

Default Shop Power

Eastburn wrote:

That happens here from time to time - some times we are cutting them -
we being neighbors.

Sometimes it is a stick of TNT a group member plants, or a car/truck
crunch.

Often it is a Fir - whose roots have rotted in the soggy soil.

The last time was a 36" Fir that fell across the road and across my
property.
The scars a tree that big are massive. It brings everything down with
itself.

It took several days for he county to decide it was in fact their tree
and to send a
team out.

It is fantastic what some of this stuff weighs! - Had a Redwood tree
fall across
a friends truck on Hwy. 17 (55 MPH) and crush the engine block into the
pavement.

Oh it stopped the truck instantly. My friend, was in a good safety belt
- just got
bruised big time. Got a new truck.

Martin
--