Posted to alt.home.repair
C & E

Default Does Locktite work on plastic

wrote in message
I got a bathtub handle that keeps falling off. The cartridge is some
sort of plastic and a long 3" screw goes into it. But long or not,
the plastic si stripped so the handle falls off all the time. I plan
to replace the cartridge as soon as I can find out what the brand if
this faucet is, and then locate one. It's got no markings on it, and
then I will still have trouble finding the thing in this rural area.
In the meantime, I am looking for something to keep the handle on. I
put some of that heavy pink teflon tape on the screw and it helps a
little but the screw still turns forever. I was wondering about
locktite. Does it work on plastics? Of course, I do want to be able
to remove the handle in the future too.

Anyone ever tried this or have another idea?
I dont want to use a larger screw because that may split it, and then
I'm really screwed.

Thanks

Mark

You might try packing the hole with an epoxy compound or even
auto body putty. Then, drill and tap.