Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Snow thrower

yaofeng wrote:
Winter is still two weeks away and we are already expecting a second
snow in two days in the usually mild New Jersey. I hate winter!

I rearrange the junk in my garage so at least two cars can move inside.
I also moved the Murray 5,5 HP snow thrower from the far corner of the
garage to a spot which can be manuevered to roll out of the door. In
ten years we had this we probably used it only five times total. It
was bought in the aftermath of the infamous snow storm which shut down
the Garden State almost three full days. After that either there
wasn't enough snow so we used the shovel, or I was out of town during
the snow storm in at least two occasions the kids couldn't start
it/couldn't move it out of the garage so they just gave up and used the
shovel. The last time it was started was a good three years ago I
think.

Don't think I ever changed the oil, nor emptied the gas tank ever.
What kind of problems will I have tomorrow morning starting the snow
thrower? I have a hair dryer ready to warm the engine block in case of
hard starting.

Anyone wants to place bet?

Hard starting fer sure.