Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB

Default OT--Taking on city hall

"alphonso" wrote in message
When my shop was inside the city limits, I got a letter from the city
about
an "abandoned, junk vehicle" in the parking lot by the shop. Police came
out after I asked city hall what they were complaining about. Pointed to
my ugly shop truck. When I directed the cop's attention to the current
license and inspection, he offered an apology. I moved my shop out of the
city a few months later.

--
Remove "nospam" to get to me.

A nosy neighbor didn't like that I parked my travel trailer on a dirt strip
on the side of my house. He called zoning, and the zoning compliance
officer came out and looked at it. He was obviously miffed that he had to
come deal with this situation, as he had far more serious violations to deal
with.

He told me that the trailer had to be parked on concrete. The front of my
house was all paved. He said I could park it in FRONT of my house if I
chose, and I would be in compliance. He also said I could park it on the
street if I moved it every 72 hours. He also stated that I could park it IN
FRONT of my neighbor's house for 72 hours max. He did say that IF I did put
it back on the dirt strip, I had to put up a block wall, thus making the
dirt strip a part of the back yard, and that if I parked it where it was, I
would be in violation. He basically told me where the lines were, and how
to dance inside them.

I shuttled the trailer from in front of my house to in front of my
neighbor's house for a month when I sold the trailer. The first time I
parked it in front of the neighbor's house, he called in again. I saw the
COs truck at their house one day.

Apparently, he informed the neighbor of the law, and that I was in
compliance.

I think the neighbor found out that sometimes when you make a wave, it can
swamp your own boat as well.

Steve