Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
andy

Default Help ID Steady Rest and Collet Closer

Hi group.

I am trying to ID a steady rest and a collet closer that I picked up
Does anyone know what machine these will fit?
I am trying to describe them for sale on Ebay.

http://metalworking.com/dropbox/steady_rest_001.jpg
http://metalworking.com/dropbox/steady_rest_002.jpg
http://metalworking.com/dropbox/steady_rest_003.jpg

based on my research to date, it belongs to a South Bend and may be
called a "telescopic steady" but I cannot figure out what size lathe it
belongs to.

The base has "SR 101T" stamped into it
It will pass something 3.75" through itself.
From the center of the inverted v to the near edge of the opposite flat

measures 4.10"
From the center of the inverted V to the far edge of the opposite flat

measures 5.60"
From the plane of the flat way to the lathe center is approximately

6.5"

The collet closer is clearly for a South Bend, but again, which
model/size?

http://metalworking.com/dropbox/collet_closer_001.jpg
http://metalworking.com/dropbox/collet_closer_002.jpg
http://metalworking.com/dropbox/collet_closer_003.jpg

The overall length is 22-13/16"
lenght from threaded end to first shoulder is 18-7/8"
Length from threaded end to second shoulder is 20-1/2"
through hole is 1.10" in diameter

Stamped into the area between the second and third shoulder is "HWC
104T"

looking forward to your responses,
and thanks for looking.
Andy Hall