Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques

Default OT--Taking on city hall

On Tue, 6 Dec 2005 00:11:39 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm,
"PrecisionMachinisT" quickly quoth:

Dear Mr. Trejo.

I am writing this letter in response to a complaint I recently received from
your office wherein you claim to have discovered items present upon my
property located at 1629 Cloverdale Road that are supposedly in violation of
State and County guidelines pertaining to solid waste storage and disposal
as mandated per WAC 173-350 and Cowlitz County Code Title 15-30

The letter is good, Sam, but could have been better. Addressing their
grievances point by point was very good.

In case there's a next time (probable), remember these tips:

1) Don't get facetious or cute with them. If the letter goes to court,
it could be pointed out as a taunt from you by their attorney. Plain
facts work best and ensure the judge that you are trying your utmost
to comply with codes, being a "good neighbor." Anything other than a
fact gives them ammo against you. (It doesn't matter how good it may
make you, or us, feel about the letter.)

2) Continue to check the codes for city, county, and state if any
pertain to your citation. City inspectors expand and trip over these
all the time. Look around City Hall and find all the variances they
have allowed to the code they're using against you. Get copies in case
you need them in court.

3) Spellcheck your letter before you send it. It was great up to the
word "bewhildered" which shouldn't have an "h" in it. It totally broke
the tone of the letter for me.

And, for heaven's sake, paint your truck so it doesn't look like a
typical Chebby, eh? donning FORD Nomex suit

(And I should talk, with a blue/primer/rust F-150 out front.)

Thesaurus: Ancient reptile with excellent vocabulary
http://diversify.com Dynamic Website Applications