Ned Simmons

Default OT electrical question

In article ,
says...
Sorry I'm being so obtuse about this, but could you post a diagram showing how
this works on a "3-way" switch? I understand how a neon bulb (and it's
dropping resistor) are wired inside a single pole illuminated switch and light
when the switch is open,, but the best I can sketch out for 3-way switches
needs at least two neon bulbs and two resistors inside each switch.

I wonder if the switch makers have figured out a way to do it with just one
neon bulb in the switch.

Put the neon lamp and resistor in series between the NO and
NC terminal of each 3-way switch. Won't that work?

How about a 4-way switch?

Ned Simmons