Jeff Wisnia

Default OT electrical question

"Kenneth W. Sterling" wrote:

On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 05:21:50 GMT, "Ivan Vegvary"
wrote:
snip
amperage as stated in the replies. If I grab this 30 volt wire with a wet
fingers and the ground with the other fingers (same hand, of course) I feel
nothing. Guess there is no current.

Methinks you should develop better testing techniques - Unless, of
course, you really don't want to be around much longer, or possibly
are looking for a Darwin award.....
Ken.

Nah, I'm reminded of a british prof who tought our sophmore course titled
"Rotating Machinery", circa '54. (That was just a fancy name for motors,
generators and such.)

Lots of 208/3-phase all over the place, slate panels with big unguarded knife
switches and exposed tapered pin and sleeve cable connectors.on them. OSHA would
have crapped in their collective pants if they'd been around back then.

I'll never forget him telling us early on that we'd never "make it" as engineers
until we learned to "take" a shock.

He also wisely tought us the "One arm behind your back" tactic to keep those
shocks from running through our chests, which may explain why I'm still around
to write this.

Jeff

--

Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

"I before E except after C"....(The height of insufficient weird ancient
science...)