tghattaq tghattaq is offline
Junior Member

Location: Malta

[quote=Andy Hall]On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 11:16:33 GMT, (mj) wrote:
[color=blue]

Despite being refused planning permission, said millionaire is still
going ahead and preparing the foundations for his proposed warehouses.

Check to see if local MP is interested in taking it up - unless they
both go to the same lodge of course.

Escalate in writing to local councillors and senior management in
council.

Form a residents association and involve the press. Research the
press to see who on the editorial staff is interested in making
themselves a hero - even if it is a spotty 18 year old. Write the
story for them.

Raise a small amount of money to cover costs.

For me this is an impressive and sensible reply, unlike stuff about the decapitation of equestrian talismen and such like day dreaming by the incapable. Andy you know the ropes and just how the local press are really gagging for it - free copy that is.

It is not a question of how much money this malefactor has. Maybe I have got a heap too but that does not make us a part a moneyed mafia who want to ride rough-shod over the laws of decency because they belong to the club. I have not lived in the country for decades but still the prospect of building industrial buildings in the midst of England's green and pleasant is utterly abhorrent.

When something this grotesque rears its head you are really not at the mercy of the fates. Don't think - what can I do ? Follow Andy's advice and get stuck in there. If you can write good enough copy you can topple Tony Blair - bit of a rocking stone these days anyway.

Need a small contribution - get in touch with me.