Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Does Locktite work on plastic

I got a bathtub handle that keeps falling off. The cartridge is some
sort of plastic and a long 3" screw goes into it. But long or not,
the plastic si stripped so the handle falls off all the time. I plan
to replace the cartridge as soon as I can find out what the brand if
this faucet is, and then locate one. It's got no markings on it, and
then I will still have trouble finding the thing in this rural area.
In the meantime, I am looking for something to keep the handle on. I
put some of that heavy pink teflon tape on the screw and it helps a
little but the screw still turns forever. I was wondering about
locktite. Does it work on plastics? Of course, I do want to be able
to remove the handle in the future too.

Anyone ever tried this or have another idea?
I dont want to use a larger screw because that may split it, and then
I'm really screwed.

Thanks

Mark