Posted to alt.home.repair
Patrick Cleburne

Default Maglite / Duracell Battery Interaction

"BobK207" wrote in message
ps.com...
Question for the group.............

Has anyone had this experience?

Over the years I have had & have found Maglite flashlights (only 3 & 4
cells) wihere the Duracell batteries have leaked & gotten stuck.

At first I thought it was that the battery spring was too strong but
now with my most recent experience (a 4 cell where the cell nearest the
buld leaked & got stuck)

I'm thinking that the bore in the flashlight allows for insuffficient
clearance for the battery?

Any thoughts on this?

Also since I only have one 4 cell flashlight (there rest are 3 cells) &
I thought the bulbs were bad I wound up using a 3 cell buld in the 4
cell. It's REALLY bright & I like it but the bulb life must be
reduced?

cheers
Bob

I've had the very same problem three or four times-- but with Eveready
Energizers. I send the flashlight back to Eveready and they either replace
or send a check for batteries, flashlight and shipping.

Patrick