Posted to sci.electronics.repair
NRen2k5

Default Improving Cable signal on PC Tv tuner card

Michael Kennedy wrote:
I have an ati tv wonder card and want to improve the signal. I have a so so
picture on all channels. There is no snow but the picture is not clear
either. This is a problem I experience with some tv's also. Are there any
suitable cable tv amps that would help? I have a cable modem also so I can't
use a normal catv amp. Do you think my catv provider (comcast) would provide
an amp free of charge? (yea right)

- Mike

Which version of the ATI TV Wonder is it?

I know for a fact that if it's an earlier model, the problem is low
digital resolution, period. It would be something like 320×240. Proper
TV resolution - converted to digital - would be about 640×480. Of course
no amp will help this.

As for an ordinary TV having low picture quality but no snow or other
disturbances... I would have to chalk that up as a bas tube. Again
something that an amp won't remedy.

- NRen2k5