Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JoeNezz

Default Improving Cable signal on PC Tv tuner card

generally cable is a hurtin signal quality anyway & can be even worse
if you split it your self & they are only giving U enough signal for
the amout of outlets that you are paying for .

I got fed up & bought an "ariza 700 free to air satellite receiver & 2
dishes the system cost me about $350.00 C & I figure its paid for its
self already. I get over 400 channels including all movie & PPV for
free.
if I want more channels I can add 2 more dishes or buy one big multi
feed dish..
Dishnet goes down about once every 2 months & Bell goes down about
once a week but they are working on auto roll programs to get the new
keys automatically.

Currently when they go down you simply go on line & get the new key &
punch it into the receiver.new keys for dishnet are released about 2
hours after a keychange,Bell can take a day or two.
I keep basic cable for internet & local channels
& use the ati capture card to record movies from sat & burn them to DVD