Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Andrew VK3BFA

Default OT--Taking on city hall

PrecisionMachinisT wrote:
Dear Mr. Trejo.

I am writing this letter in response to a complaint I recently received from
your office wherein you claim to have discovered items present upon my
property located at 1629 Cloverdale Road that are supposedly in violation of
State and County guidelines pertaining to solid waste storage and disposal
as mandated per WAC 173-350 and Cowlitz County Code Title 15-30

Hey Sam,
this is a good one - its a classic !

Your municipality reckons you are collecting piles of junk, and in
response to (probably complaints by neighbours) have decided that you
should clean it up. They wouldnt initiate this action themselves, they
want a quiet life like everyone else.

You disagree - the truck is in the process of restoration, the tyres
are spares for the truck, and the piles of pallets are "useful for
something even if its only firewood" - oh, and the post hole auger -
why you need one in the city is of no consequence, its a nice piece of
machinery, and you have thrown a tarp over it.

This a real dilemma - your precious treasures are someone elses junk.
You can almost certainly spend the next few years arguing with City
Hall about the precise legal definition of "Junk" They will win. You
will have a good fight, but they will win.

An alternative is to talk to them, see what they consider to be
acceptable for what is, I assume, a suburban property, and modify your
practices enough to be able to lead a quiet life, not annoy the
neighbours, and get on with your interests in things mechanical. Which
, I might hasten to add, is a perfectly legitimate pursuit - my
"junque" takes up less obvious space than your junk, so I dont have to
worry about such things.

An observation - dismiss it if its not relevamt to you - people who
surround themselves with crap and live amongst it usually do crap work.
Maybe you do need to sort things out a bit....

Andrew VK3BFA.