Posted to alt.home.repair
CBHVAC

Default Maglite / Duracell Battery Interaction

"BobK207" wrote in message
ps.com...
Question for the group.............

Has anyone had this experience?

Over the years I have had & have found Maglite flashlights (only 3 & 4
cells) wihere the Duracell batteries have leaked & gotten stuck.

Any battery will leak....

At first I thought it was that the battery spring was too strong but
now with my most recent experience (a 4 cell where the cell nearest the
buld leaked & got stuck)

Get a SureFire and be done with it.

I'm thinking that the bore in the flashlight allows for insuffficient
clearance for the battery?

Any thoughts on this?

BAtteries leak..we know this...as such, we need to check MagLites often???
I dunno..I quit using em.

I bought a X200 SureFire for one of my Glock 40cals and then got a C3
Centurion and I tell you what...get even a basic G2 Nitrolon and you will be
hooked. Puts a Mag to shame.
I keep an A2 on my van, and its all I use when I need a light for
diagnosis....if Im gonna be under the home, or in a basement and need more,
Ill pull out the halogen work lights, but for a BRIGHT light source, you
cant beat em.

Also since I only have one 4 cell flashlight (there rest are 3 cells) &
I thought the bulbs were bad I wound up using a 3 cell buld in the 4
cell. It's REALLY bright & I like it but the bulb life must be
reduced?

cheers
Bob