Posted to alt.home.repair
Kathy

Default Does halogen bulb last longer if not "dimmmed"?

"MiamiCuse" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have two wall sconces in two rooms. Same

sconce. Use a halogen bulb
120V 150W type T.

Room 1 I always have the sconce on. Room 2 the

occupant likes to keep
it dimmed half way. That room always need

replacement bulbs sooner.
In fact, I replaced them at the same time, and I

have since replaced
room 2's bulb twice without having to replace

room 1's. Funny thing
is, room 1 have the light turned on much longer

period of time, it
should burn out much sooner and it's not. The

only difference is -
room 2's light is always dimmed.

Is this possible?

MC

It's possible that you touched the bulb when you
replaced it, causing it to burn out prematurely so
you had to replace it again. Did you touch it this
time?