Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet

Default ProScan PS27123 CRT goes dead after 15 to 20 minutes

Stuart wrote:
What's the chassis number?
"kingphil" wrote in message

This ProScan PS27123 is a great television, it worked great for years,
resolution and image quality are exceptional.

Unfortunately after 9 years of loyal service, it started acting up.

When I switch the set ON it starts normally, but after 15 to 20
minutes the CRT goes black but sound still works. If I switch it OFF
and wait +/- 1 hr, I can re-open it and it will do it again.

Any guidance to what I should look into will be greatly appreciated.
I want to keep this TV, but dont want to loose my shirt getting it to
a sefvice center.

Thanks to all,

Is it sensitive to vibration? Try thumping it lightly on the side before
it acts up and see if that causes it to lose picture.