Posted to rec.woodworking
Fly-by-Night CC

Default woodworking tool

In article ,
David wrote:

Go pneumatic if you can afford it, Those turbine-power jobs whisk the wood
away rather than hack and bounce.

Air powered grinders can suck even a 30 gallon tank dry in nothing flat.
Be sure to have plenty of cfm. My 30 gallon sears unit gets hotter
than hell when I run a die grinder. Every other air powered tool I've
got (except for the 2 drills) use a small fraction of the volume of air
needed for the grinder.

David, I could be mistaken, but I believe George is referring to the
high-speed (350k - 500k rpm) dental air grinders. They retail about $300
to $500 - gee, what's that, about $1/1000 rpm? These need about 1-2cfm
at 45psi.

To name a couple:
http://www.turbocarver.com/
http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/cg...ction&key=139-
0100
--
Owen Lowe
The Fly-by-Night Copper Company

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the
Corporate States of America and to the
Republicans for which it stands, one nation,
under debt, easily divisible, with liberty
and justice for oil."
- Wiley Miller, Non Sequitur, 1/24/05