clare @ snyder.on .ca

Default Anybody here ever owned a Toyota Stout?

On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 00:05:11 -0700, Ernie Leimkuhler
wrote:

A guy has one for sale here in Seattle for cheap, and I am tempted.
I have an '85 toyota one ton now, but I used to own a '78 toyota SR5.

It is a 1966 Toyota Stout that has been in storage for 15 years.
He says it ran before storage, and has an '72 8RC engine.

Considering how little he is asking I am really tempted just to tinker
with it.

I am worried about the unavailability of parts.

I had never heard of these until I read his add.

I already found several of them in online Junkyard auto parts databases
in Washington State.

I drove a couple in Zambia in the early seventies. With the original
3R and 5R engines they were underpowered - a bit like a '50 Stude.
Stylewise, similar to a late International. Very STOUT in
construction. There was also a "Lite Stout". A bit bigger than the
Hilux, which is the Pickup normally seen and sold in the US and
Canada. The Hilux came with the 8R engine as a minimum here.
Body and chassis parts may be a challenge. Some mechanical parts are
shared with the early Crown / Mk II