Ivan Vegvary

Default OT electrical question

Hi Bruce,
Yes, that was pretty bad reading (my post). Should have dropped the subject
of switches and merely stated that I have voltage in a wire that is
unconnected at either end. The switches are not ILLUMINATING.

Thanks again for your thoughts.

Ivan
"Bruce L. Bergman" wrote in message
On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 01:02:26 GMT, someone who calls themselves "Ivan
Vegvary" wrote:

I'm trying to wire 3-way switches on either side of a ceiling lamp. The
power initiates at one of the switches. I've got the wiring scheme

figured
out but I have a problem.

Prior to installing the lamp fixture I decided to check the switch

functions
(at the ceiling lamp) with this simple $ 1.00 neon tester. With the

switch
on the neon tester gives full brightness, with switch off it still lights
up, but very dim.

snip

Before I develop a migraine reading through that again, are the
switches a "Pilot light" design to light up when they are off? That
would explain some current flow through the neon pilot lights.

The switches stamped "ILLUMINATED" on the back would be a big clue.

-- Bruce --
--
Bruce L. Bergman, POB 394, Woodland Hills CA 91365, USA
Electrician, Westend Electric (#726700) Agoura, CA

WARNING: UCE Spam E-mail is not welcome here. I report violators.
SpamBlock In Use - Remove the "Python" with a "net" to E-Mail.