Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT

Default Does halogen bulb last longer if not "dimmmed"?

wrote:

Yet another good reason to replace with fluorescent- of appropriate
output. Halogens are so "sixties." :')

I think halogens generally produce "whiter" light, though. My wife
has a brown sweater that looks green under fluorescents.

Each has its place. I use fluorescent and compact-fluorescent for
general lighting, regular incandescent most places where dimming is
important (e.g. bedrooms), and halogen (also on dimmers) for work-area
lighting. There are also some flashlights and a "Tensor" lamp in the
mix, and even a smattering of neon. :-)