Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner Asch

Default Wet books?

On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 14:38:59 -0800, Koz
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

I scored quite a number of books from the leftover yard sale tables up
at the cat rescue place Ive been donating my Saturdays for the past
month or so. But many of the batch I got this past saturday, have
gotten wet, some are moldy.

Any quick and simple methods for drying them out? Other than sticking
them in the oven for a couple days?

And no..I dont have a vacuum chamber big enough ..G

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner

Can't remember exactly but when the ex worked at a used book store, they
often took moldy books (not really bad ones) and gave em a shot in the
microwave.

For water damage (wrinkled pages), not much worked. They got a little
better by extended pressing with a heavy weight (at least sat on the
shelves better). Every once in a while, you'd get one that came out
like new but that was rare. You might be able to scab together a book
press with an old acme screw, a handwheel and some of that iron you seem
to so often scrounge.

Or....if you really need a vacuum chamber you might try Rush's head

Koz (who couldn't resist taking a cheap shot)

Chuckle..I thought the Left thought he was over inflated and pompus?
Ill see if I can dig up a Liberal..perhaps Pelosi..for a high vacuum.