Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leo Lichtman

Default Wet books?

"Gunner Asch" wrote: I scored quite a number of books from the leftover
yard sale tables up at the cat rescue place Ive been donating my Saturdays
for the past month or so. (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What I recall about libraries that have been flooded, the job of preserving
and restoring wet books is difficult. If too much time passes, they begin
to mildew. It's probably too late for this, and impractical, but I believe
that damaged valuable books are placed in a freezer to prevent
deterioration.

To me, the interesting part of your post is that you have been working
Saturdays to help build them a sheltered area out of donated metal garage
doors. This is terrific--I hope you are taking pictures. Please post them
so the rest of us can see what a good guy you are, in spite of your
right-wing leanings.