Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Looking for a good snow blower...

Ditto that, Jerry, I'm somewhere between Binghamton and Syracuse
myself.

I'd add to that raising the skids fairly high to avoid scooping up
gravel as much as possible.

Speaking of the skids:
My 'gravel' is walnut-sized crushed stone, and when it gets frozen in
place and one of the skids hits it, that side of the 'blower would
literally stop dead, causing the whole thing to turn, or to jump up in
the air.

I brazed some extensions to the skids to help them climb the walnuts,
as opposed to stopping dead. Now if we'd get some more snow, I could
try it out...

Dave