Posted to alt.home.repair
Speedy Jim

Default sewage ejector toilet vent installation

wannabe wrote:
Hello nice folks.

Im installing a below grade ejector toilet.

What is a vent? lol...

I mean...it looks like the toilets on the first floor
dump right into the one main sewer line.

Toilets flush down one hole. Thats it.
Where does the vent thingy come into play.

I gotta find out where the vent is and tie into it..higher than any non
toilet venting appliances?

aaaawwww heck no! that's going to make the price go up! yeah I tell ya
that.

daaang, I already signed a contract too! lol...

Well, I'll just consider this a cheap education.!

hep me hep me!

wannabe!

The vertical "sewer line" or "stack" extends upward thru the
roof to a "vent" terminal which admits air as needed.

The section of stack above the toilet connections is
the "vent" pipe you are looking for. It's buried in the
wall or might be accessible in an attic.

If it's cast iron, pay attention to how you will
support all that weight when you cut a section out...

Jim