Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Leo Lichtman

Default Segmented Turning Glue-up Jig

"Greg G." wrote: (clip) Aside from the 6 feet of all-thread and
construction time, I wonder if this would work well enough to bother
building...?
First, Greg, I want to compliment you on a really nice job of graphics. Now
to the nutz and boltz. Two lengths of All-thread are very cheap. But, you
will also have to have a matching threaded insert for each piece of
All-thread to go into. And, what about some means of turning the threads?
Surely you are not going to make a beautiful jig like this, and then use
pliers.

My reaction is that it is too much work, to solve a problem that has already
been solved with a simple band clamp.