Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner Asch

Default BUILDING SHOP: SMOOTH OR ROUGH CONCRETE?

On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 13:46:24 GMT, Gary Brady
wrote:

knowone wrote:
I am building a shop with a concrete floor.
I think that smooth concrete would be best for the floor due to easy
cleaning.
I also think a rough finish would be better to keep from slipping.
Maybe a trade-off.
What is the consensus?

Thanks in advance

Absolutely, make it as smooth troweled as possible. A grain of sand
will cause a heavily laden metal wheeled dolly to stop or hesitate, so a
rough floor definitely will. Also, you'll never seem to get a rough
floor really clean. Slipping has never been an issue with me.

Never been in an Acme Gridley shop I take it? G

They really really require special soles on your boots.

Leather soles..instant Icecapades.....

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner