Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default BUILDING SHOP: SMOOTH OR ROUGH CONCRETE?

On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 04:03:04 GMT, "knowone"
wrote:

I am building a shop with a concrete floor.
I think that smooth concrete would be best for the floor due to easy
cleaning.
I also think a rough finish would be better to keep from slipping.
Maybe a trade-off.
What is the consensus?

Power troweled as smooth as possible and with no slope. It's a hell
of a lot easier to level machines on an already level surface.

Radiant floor heat is something I didn't do and kick m'self every day
for not doing. My contractor also said I didn't need a vapor barrier
or insulation under th' pour since th' ground drains so well... wish I
wouldn't have listened to that either.

Snarl