Posted to rec.woodworking
foggytown

Default TS blade teeth

When I bought my TS and sliding compound mitre saw they both came with
10" blades that were 40 and 32 teeth respectively. I used them but
finally realized that I wanted something finer for the type of stuff I
do (small furniture) with soft wood. So I replaced them both with 80T
blades and I already think I'm going to be much happier. But it begs
the question: why do makers supply such "hatchet job" blades to begin
with? They must be cheaper, of course. The bigger question however is
whether there is any short or long term reason NOT to use 60T or 80T
blades for everything I do. Even if I were only cutting rough sawn
4X4s all the time, why not use a fine-tooth blade?

FoggyTown