Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM

Default Who knows what a Tauchsieder is in English?

On Sun, 4 Dec 2005 21:47:52 -0000, "NikV"
wrote:

"MM" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 4 Dec 2005 20:27:36 -0000, "NikV"
wrote:

"MM" wrote in message
This is what I can buy in Germany:
http://www.karstadt.de/shop/ats_150_tauchsieder.asp

You immerse it in a suacepan or similar container to boil water.
Widely available all over Germany. I never learned the English word
for it! Where can I get one in England? I just did a search for
"immersion heater", but am just getting the kind that fits in the
water tank in the airing cupboard.

MM

http://www.griffinandgeorge.co.uk/

browse catalogue - and search for 'immersion heater' - pick the one
suitable
for water

No, nothing like what I'm looking for. The kind of coiled element
'beaker heater' I'm looking for costs around a tenner.

MM

really - apart from the colour and price it looks the same to me 1000w
https://www.catalogue.fisher.co.uk/J...t-301-010f.jpg

Sorry, I didn't see that one. I'll have another look. You're right, it
is pretty much what I'm looking for.

MM