Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.survivalism,alt.politics
Rod Speed

Default OT - Betting On Social Security?

The Real Bev wrote:
John Chase wrote:

"The Real Bev" wrote:

The hard-core poor are mostly stupid. Stupid people used to die
before they were old enough to reproduce. We've changed all that. We keep
them alive, we keep their children alive and we keep their
grandchildren alive. We actually pay them to have more children.

Perhaps the humane thing is to allow them to move to special
"cities" with all the usual city things -- grocery stores, shops,
movies, apartments, TV, doctors, etc. -- with no requirement that
the inhabitants be useful at all. All will be provided. Classes
for those who wish to improve will be offered, along with
scholarships to real schools to those who can qualify. No poverty,
no crime, no disease, no drugs and you can leave if you want to but
you may not return for 30 days. Such a system has got to be better for them
than what they have,
and it has to be cheaper than what we're doing now since we won't
have to gear everything to the lowest common denominator.

Can somebody tell me what's wrong with this scenario? Your turn.

USConst. Amdt. XIII.

What slavery or involuntary servitude? The place is voluntary. Come
and go as you please, with the proviso that if you go you can't come
back for 30 days. Kids are forced to go to school now. Why not
their underage mothers? Or not. Nobody has to do anything. They're
fed and clothed and housed and entertained -- and perhaps educated if
they so choose -- until they leave or die. Up to them.

Oh yeah. No welfare payments outside. If you can't support yourself
you can move to the reservation and all your needs will be provided.

We tried it, with forced containment in the reservations too.

Didnt work.

Didnt work when you lot tried with with your savages either.

Medical too. Probably no gold star tooth implants, though.

Where in the thirteenth amendment does it say we have to support
people who won't support themselves? We'd be doing them a favor, not selling
them into slavery. I have no problem with keeping useless
people alive as long as they don't cause me any trouble, and I bet
you feel the same way.

I dont, and many dont either. Too many bludgers already.

We can't make "You don't work, you don't eat" stick because we're squeamish
about having people drop dead in the streets.

Yeah, specially their little kids.

This is just a kinder solution to the problem.

Next?

Seig Heil.